Department of Mathematics
Central Michigan University
Office: Pearce 220
Email: phelp1cm AT cmich DOT edu
Google Scholar Profile
Peer Reviewed or Reviewed Articles and Book Chapters
- Phelps-Gregory, C. M., Frank, M., & Spitzer, S. M. (accepted). Prospective elementary teachers' beliefs about mathematical myths: A historical and qualitative examination. The Teacher Educator.
- Phelps-Gregory, C. M., & Spitzer, S. M. (2018). Assessing prospective teachers' analysis of teaching: How well can they link teaching and learning? Mathematics Teacher Educator, 7(1), 34–49.
- Spitzer, S. M., & Phelps-Gregory, C. M. (2018). Using online collaboration to improve prospective teachers' analysis of teaching. Mathematics Teacher Educator 6(2), 26–38.
- Spitzer, S. M., & Phelps-Gregory, C. M. (2017). Using mathematical learning goals to analyze teacher noticing. In E. Schack, J. Wilhelm, & M. Fisher (Eds.), Teacher Noticing: Bridging and Broadening Perspectives, Contexts, and Frameworks. Cham, Switzerland: Springer.
- Phelps-Gregory, C. M., & Spitzer, S. M. (2017). Developing prospective teachers' ability by classroom intervention: Replicating a classroom intervention. In T. Leuders, J. Leuders, & K. Philipp (Eds.), Diagnostic Competence of Mathematics Teachers: Unpacking a complex construct in teacher education and teacher practice. New York: Springer.
- Flores, A., Jansen, A., Phelps, C., & Cline, L. (2017). A mathematics inquiry course: Teaching mathematics in a humanistic way. In B. Gold (Ed.), Using Mathematics in the Philosophy of Teaching Mathematics: MAA Notes Volume 86. Washington DC: MAA Press.
- Flores, A., Phelps, C., & Jansen, A., (2016). Reflections on transformative experiences with mathematical inquiry: The case of Christine. PRIMUS.
- Piatek-Jimenez, K., & Phelps, C. M. (2016). Using Disney's Frozen to motivate mathematics: Bring fractals into the classroom. Australian Primary Mathematics Classroom, 21(2), 18–25.
- Phelps, C. M., & Spitzer, S. M. (2015). Prospective teachers' conceptions and values about learning from teaching. Teachers and Teaching: Theory and Practice, 21(1), 61–73.
- Phelps, C. M., Shore, F. S., & Spitzer, S. M. (2014). Using Classroom Evidence to Inform and Improve Teaching. In Karp, K., & McDuffie, A. R. (Eds.), Annual Perspectives in Mathematics Education, 2014. Reston, VA: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Phelps, C. M., & Spitzer, S. M. (2012). Systematically improving lessons in teacher education: What's good for prospective teachers is good for teacher educators. The Teacher Educator, 47, 328–347.
- Piatek-Jimenez, K., Marcinek, T., Phelps, C. M., & Dias, A. (2012). Helping students become quantitatively literate. Mathematics Teacher, 105(9), 692–696.
- Spitzer, S. M., Phelps, C. M., Beyers, J. E. R., Johnson, D. Y., & Sieminski, E. S. (2011). Developing prospective elementary teachers' abilities to identify evidence of student mathematical achievement. Journal of Mathematics Teacher Education, 14(1), 67–87.
- Phelps, C. M. (2010). Factors that pre-service elementary teachers perceive as affecting their motivational profiles in mathematics. Educational Studies in Mathematics, 75, 293–309.
- Phelps-Gregory, C.M. (2018). Teaching Interculturally: A book review. Invited book review in Teachers College Record.