Mathematics for Elementary Teachers II
The course is a continuation of MTH 151 and is based on the philosophy that mathematical ideas are learned only through active involvement; lecturing is therefore reduced to a minimum and teaching methodology rests on small group activities, presentations and whole class discussions.
Note and Remember Please:
- Bring the book and announced manipulatives to every class.
- Notify me of your absences ahead by e-mail. No voicemail please.
- Work hard from the beginning as there are no extra credit activities.
- Decimal Squares
- Using Base-10 pieces to represent decimals (Activity).
- Multiplication Grid
- Blank Number Line
- Fraction Bars
Probability and Statistics:
Geometry and Measurement:
- Angles: "Transversal" and Measuring
- Geoboards: 3x3 and 5x5
- Square Dot Paper
- Triangles - Bases and Heights
- Pythagorean Theorem
- Circular Geoboards: Small and Large
- Applets: Pi Wheel, Wedge Circle Area
- Paper Folding activities
- Volume and Surface area:
- Volume only: